Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Authors respond

After posting about favorite books, I've often shot out a quick email to the author, or more likely, the author's publicist, just to let them know I blogged about their book. I didn't think much of it, more of a courtesy, really.

And then they wrote back. Almost all of them that I've reached out to have taken the time to respond. I don't know why, but I never expected a personal response.





Author Paul Watkins thanked me for my kind words and let me know that he's been writing under a pseudonym, Sam Eastland,  for several years. I immediately downloaded Eye of the Red Tsar, a historical Russian murder mystery, and I look forward to reading it next.





Author Mark Mills responded and let me know that his book House of the Hanged will be available in the US early next year. I can't wait. No, really...I'm searching the internet for it tonight.









Author Jaimy Gordon [Lord of Misrule] wished me luck in my writing and author Erik Larson [In the Garden of Beasts] took time to let me know that he's now reading a thriller, The Informationalist.


I know better than to think that I'm now on a first name basis with any of these great authors, but these are some of my literary heroes. And they are gracious. And classy. How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment