Saturday, August 20, 2011

On Writing: Never give up.



Everyone has been talking lately about The Help, especially now that it's been made into a movie. It's not really up there on my to-read list, but I'm sure I'll end up getting to it eventually. What's cool to me is how the author, Kathryn Stockett, never gave up, even after 65 rejections from agents. For a year and a half she continued to revise her book and send it out, one time even telling her husband she was going on a girl's weekend, and instead checking into a motel down the street from her house to immerse herself into her book.

I can relate.  Now that I only have four chapters left I'm stealing every chance I get to work on it...I'm so close to the end I can't stand it, and have been typing so much I think I'm getting carpe diem...or is it carpal tunnel?  Either way, who cares, there's no stopping now...
G

No comments:

Post a Comment