Saturday, November 12, 2011

First Submission: First Rejection

At the beach for Beck's b-day
I wrote about sending out my first query letter on Wednesday. Well, I actually sent out a small batch [5] based on advice I'd read.

By Thursday morning I had my first [form letter] rejection. It wasn't a surprise. After all I had 46 rejections on my previous novel.

But still...I've worked really hard on this book, and have been editing for 10 months, where for my first book I edited for 10 minutes.

So, what to do?
First off, I need to get used to it...there are more coming. Then I'll rewrite my letter before submitting it again, and finally, I'll keep believing in the story; I laughed as I read a section in the middle of the book the other day...and to me [who wrote it and have read it countless times] it was a good sign...my characters made me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment