Wednesday, November 9, 2011

On writing: Submitting to Agents

I'm in NYC, and for some reason I am always creative here. When every other visitor is exploring the sites, I'm in a Starbucks or a dark bar typing away. Of course I should be creative here, my first book started as a short story in my hotel overlooking Times Square four years ago.

I have finished my [10 months of] edits, and, after re-reading the book again have decided it's ready, so this morning I sent my first query to an agent after working on my letter for probably not long enough.  I have a good feeling about the letter and a good feeling about the agent, though.  It's kind of cool to decide who to send your manuscript to first. Chances are it won't be the last once rejections begin to flow, but for now I feel great.

Besides, I owe to Billy Connelly and the other great characters of Into The Middle Distance who are ready to meet the world. Wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment