Saturday, September 17, 2011

Last Chapter

For those of you that have been following my posts, you know I've been editing INTO THE MIDDLE DISTANCE since January. At this point I've been editing longer than it took to write the novel. Which is good, I guess.

On one hand I know I'm doing the right thing be being so diligent, but on the other I miss the creative process. I've written a few short stories and have jotted down ideas for my next novel [actually ideas for the next character, not much on plot].

Maybe I'm stalling. Afraid to finish. Afraid to put it out there and have it rejected like my first book.  I know I need to see it through before I dive into my next one, or I'll have a shelf full of unpublished novels when I die.

Now that I sounded all that out, I realize I just need to sit down and finish chapter 20 and see what happens. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment