Tuesday, September 20, 2011

On Writing: Reading Now

Lately I've been reading two books at a time, one "real" book and one Nook book. I take the nook to the gym and read it on the treadmill or bike and I read the book at home, usually in bed.

Right now I'm reading "The Invisible Bridge" in the book, and just started "The Last Werewolf" on the nook.  The Invisible Bridge, by Julie Orringer, is literary fiction; and as such is building slowly, and I look forward to seeing where it goes. The Last Werewolf, by Glen Duncan is upmarket horror [?] maybe, a genre I haven't read in years.  The reviews on it are mixed, so I'm looking forward to seeing where mine falls. Already-through 50 pages--there's been humor, murder and crazy sex; so yeah--I think I'm going to enjoy it. If nothing else, it's nice to step away from my usual reads...

What are you reading?

1 comment:

  1. I just finished The World Made Straight by Ron Rash of Serena fame. I do not understand why this man sells books...just started Behind the Scenes at the Museum by Kate Atkinson, which has been on my list for a while.

    ReplyDelete