Friday, September 30, 2011

On writing: Writer's Conference

There's a big writer's conference coming to Asheville in November, and I can't decide whether or not to go. I know I should, of course; there will be agents and did I mention agents? Besides that there is a great line-up of seminars and workshops.

But I doubt I will go. I get claustrophobic just thinking about it. Surrounded by writers, many of them with books published, all of them jockeying to get noticed. It scares the hell out of me.  I can't imagine sitting around and talking about my book to a room full of strangers.

I'm not even the shy type--last week I spoke to a college class of fifty students with only an hours notice; no problem...but, the idea of standing up and reading from my book....hell no. Maybe I still don't consider myself a true writer, yet....

Still, they say so many authors get their agent at these conferences, so I know I can't just write it off. So, for now, put me down as undecided....

1 comment:

  1. That is so you, change your undecided status to Yes.. Confirmed I will be there....

    ReplyDelete